Sealing and contaminant management
TKR coatings have been subjected to permeability studies (Vahanen 2012, 2015), which have shown that the products are well suited for the control of substrate-absorbed contaminants and for structural sealing in concrete, gypsum, mastic asphalt, wood and steel floors, walls and roof structures.
The product is a ready-to-use coating and waterproofing solution, it can be left as a finished surface material after sealing. The product has an emission class M1.
Read the Rakennusmaailma article on sealing repairs and contaminant management
Places of use
- As waterproofing and finished surface for floors, walls and ceilings
- As a diffusion barrier on the substrate
- As a barrier to residues of harmful substances, e.g. asbestos
- As a barrier to radon and various microbes, PAHs, VOCs and ammonia
- Renovation, coating and sealing of IV ducts
- As a substrate under other surface materials
- As a finished surface material
- TKR coating serves as a primer for e.g. paint
- Sealing of structural joints and expansion joints
- Contamination permeability study (Vahanen 2012,2015)
- Ammonia permeability study for flooring (VTT-S-02095-16)
- Crack sealing performance at 0,45mm film thickness 7,1mm without reinforcing fabric
- Highly flexible, allowing movement of structures e.g. floor/wall junctions and expansion joints.
- High adhesion to various materials, including concrete over 3N/mm2.
- Adhesion and resistance in steel floor drains and their joints, SFS-EN 1253-2/9.1.2
- Can also be installed on uneven and porous surfaces
- Odourless and solvent-free (M1) both when installed and as a finished product. Well suited for coating, sealing and encapsulation in food processing industry and premises.
- Can be installed by brush, roller, trowel, spray or injection. See also the 2-component grout for easier working.